Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
Sally Fallon wrote Nourishing Traditions to offer a wise way to properly prepare delicious foods with traditional ancestral knowhow.
She was inspired by Dr. Weston Price and Dr. Edward Howell discoveries and modified her cooking practices to be in line with some or the discoveries documented by these men.
She saved notes from her time preparing meals for her hungry family over the years and merged it into this dense now revised and updated book in its 2nd edition with over 700 delicious recipes.
They will please both exacting gourmets and busy parents
Nutrition researcher Sally Fallon unites the wisdom of the ancients with the latest independent and accurate scientific research. Dr. Weston Price, Dr. Edward Howell and other nutrition mavericks play a prominent role in this diet wisdom masterpiece.
Get ready to throw some of your most cherished dietary assumptions out the window as you learn about the fascinating cross-cultural research on the nourishing traditions of our ancestors.
- Your body needs old fashioned animal fats
- New fangled polyunsaturated oils can be bad for you
- "Modern" whole grain products can cause health problems
- Tradtional sauces promote digestion and assimilation
- Modern food processing denatures our foods but Ancient preservation methods actually increase nutrients in fruits, nuts, vegetables, meats and milk products!
Recalling the culinary customs of our ancestors and looking ahead to a future of robust good health for young and old,
by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Ph.D.
675 pages, soft cover