Nourishing Traditions 2nd edition by Sally Fallon
The revised and updated Second Edition contains over 700 delicious recipes that will please both exacting gourmets and busy parents.
Nourishing Traditions offers modern families a fascinating guide to wise food choices and proper preparation techniques. More than a cookbook, sumptuous recipes are sandwiched between extraordinary, inspiring morsels of wisdom and scientific research which make this book an ongoing feast that will inspire for years.
Nutrition researcher Sally Fallon unites the wisdom of the ancients with the latest independent and accurate scientific research. Dr. Weston Price, Dr. Edward Howell and other nutrition mavericks play a prominent role in this diet wisdom masterpiece.
Get ready to throw some of your most cherished dietary assumptions out the window as you learn about the fascinating cross-cultural research on the nourishing traditions of our ancestors.
- Your body needs old fashioned animal fats
- New fangled polyunsaturated oils can be bad for you
- "Modern" whole grain products can cause health problems
- Tradtional sauces promote digestion and assimilation
- Modern food processing denatures our foods but Ancient preservation methods actually increase nutrients in fruits, nuts, vegetables, meats and milk products!
Recalling the culinary customs of our ancestors and looking ahead to a future of robust good health for young and old,
by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, Ph.D.
675 pages, soft cover